Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Welcome and farewell

 *Yes. I got the title from a Muse song, it's not something I came up with.*

I thought it would be nice to respect the tradition of a welcome-to-my-blog post. First of all, I'm not a native English speaker, so don't be too harsh on my English skills. I'm doing my best. Some may know me from my other blog. I made this one because I felt Romania is no longer enough for me, and when I made "Citeşte şi Taci!" [tr. "Read and Shut Up!"] I also made a promise to myself I'll keep it Romanian. I feel like I should say some things about myself and what I intend to post here, so... here we go:

  1. I go by the nickname Mary, which is very close to my real name [which I dislike].
  2. I'm a teenager, I guess, but I often act childish or too mature.
  3. The only balance in my life can be set by extremes. I go left and then right, but never the middle.
  4. I've been studying acting for two years, but I'm planning on giving up due to a drastic change in my mind and life.
  5. I love animals and I worship cats. 
  6. I write a lot, although I don't think I'm very talented.
  7. I don't have any brothers or sisters, but I like to think I'm not selfish. 
  8. I'll gladly share my food with animals, but not with people [except people and need and best friends]. 
  9. Classical music relaxes me and helps me work.
  10. I love scented candles, scented sticks and perfumes.
  11. My favourite colours are green and black.
  12. I'm trying to be lady-like, because I don't agree with being a slutty teenager.
  13. I feel as if English is my second language.
  14. I love blue nail-polish, although I don't do my manicure very often.
  15. I read science magazines, unlike other girls my age.
  16. I don't eat pork. [I'm not Jewish, I just don't eat pork.]
  17. I enjoy studying religions of the world.
  18. My purpose in life is accumulating as much knowledge as possible.

Random stuff:
  • Favourite cartoons: Family Guy, American Dad, South Park.
  • Favourite T.V. shows: LOST, Sex And The City, The Big Bang Theory, Friends, Desperate Housewives.
  • Favourite bands: Type O Negative, Metallica, Rammstein, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Slipknot, Muse, Daft Punk, VNV Nation, Franz Ferdinand, Electric Six, Buckcherry, Santana, Depeche Mode, Disturbed, The Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy.
  • Faavourite musicians: Haydn, Mozart, Bizet, Vivaldi.
  • Favourite writers: Stephen King, Aldous Huxley, Tibor Fischer, Sophie Kinsella, Darren Shan, Joseph Delaney, Cella Serghi, Anne Rice, Thomas Harris, Marian Keyes. Others, from whom I only read one book, but found them amazing: Nichita Danilov, Andrew Davidson, Michael Cordy, Joey Goebel, Stephen Fry,  Vladimir Nabokov, Mitch Albom, J. D. Salinger, Oscar Wilde.
  • What I do: Act as if I care, Annoy people.
  • What I'd like to do: Work in advertising.
  • What I can't stand: Stupidity, stupid people, stolidity [this should have been first], people who smell bad, manele [if you don't know what those are, consider yourself lucky and don't bother google-ing it], Justin Bieber's fans [I can ignore his music, because nobody can make me listen to it, but I have to deal with his fans daily, unfortunately], religious fanatics.
  • What I read, besides books: "Ştiinţă & Tehnică" magazine [tr. something like "Science and Technology"], National Geographic magazine.

What I'm planning to write about:

Here, I should mention a large range of stuff. I'm going to post anything I believe as being worth reading. From poems and songs I like, to what bothers me in today's society [this is what my other blog's about], to things I wrote and would like to share with you. I'll also try to make a few mini-reviews to books I've read in English. I hope this blog will be as enjoyable to my readers as it is to me.

Have a nice day,

Mary

No comments: